BPCSU understands that Green Impact is important to our students and the environment because of this, we campaign for change in order for The College to reduce its carbon footprint. In 2019/20 it was agreed by the Student Executive Committee that BPCSU, would continue its Green Impact campaigns, but we need your help to make this happen.
Single Use Materials Campaign
In 2019/20 BPCSU started the single use materials campaign, which was launched by the BPCSU President at our Annual Our Voice, Our College Conference. This campaign started with an idea that The College could change in order to reduce its carbon footprint. In one-year BPCSU managed to work with The College to create positive change and the results are below:
Impact so far
- The canteen now only serves carboard take away containers instead of polystyrene
- The canteen now give a larger discount to students and staff who bring their own reusable coffee cup to buy hot drinks
- The canteen will now be providing non plastic straws
- Using reusable water bottles is now encouraged and there will be a phased removal of single use water cups from water fountains
- BPCSU gave away 250 free water bottles and reusable coffee cups to students
- BPCSU decided to create the Green Impact Committee for 2020/21
- BPCSU will be working with MITS to change all College internet search engines to ecosia.org who plant trees when you search
This campaign is the most successful student led campaign to date for BPCSU, and we are not finished yet. If you have any ideas on how to reduce single use materials at The College or you want to volunteer on the new Green Impact Committee, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and a member of the BPCSU team will be in contact.
In 2020/21 BPCSU want to make more changes happen at The College and we need your help. If you need help to run a Green Campaign or you want to help out with current campaigns, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page and a member of the BPCSU team will be in contact.
Click to enlarge
How to get involved
There are many ways you can get involved with Green Impact at Bournemouth and Poole College. If you are interested in Volunteering for one of the BPCSU campaigns or you want to be part of the Green Impact Committee, please get in touch using the form at the bottom of the page.
BPCSU also run Social Responsibility days which allow students to participate in activities and volunteering at The College. These days are good for students to come along and do their bit, volunteering at a beach clean or participating in a workshop on how to reduce your carbon footprint. We have even had films designed to get you thinking about issues within the community and even wider. To find out more about what is on offer at the next Social Responsibility day please have a look at our dedicated page (link is at the button of the page or on the left hand menu).
Other ways to get involved
There are many other ways you can help. We have listed them below:
- Bring your own reusable coffee cup to the canteen or coffee shops on campus to get your discount and also help the college reduce the use of single use materials
- Bring in your own or purchase refillable water bottles to refill at the water fountains The College provide
- If possible and safe to do so, walk or use public transport to get to College
- Learn about Green Impact, Sustainability and Fairtrade
- Tell your friends how to get involved and show them what they can do it help
Please use the links below to navigate to other pages related to Green Impact
Join Our Social Media Now