Equality is about being valued for who we are and helps us to achieve our best, without unfair obstacles, stigma or stereotyping, or being restricted by anyone’s expectations of our ability.
Equality means three things for all of us:
- Being able get to, into and around the College, and complete the learning journey, with equal ease and dignity
- Having a sense of belonging and being well looked after
- Feeling the place, the programs and the policies have been designed with us in mind
We value diversity, it makes the College a more creative place to learn and work.
We celebrate the fact that our students and staff, our partners and friends, are from different social and ethnic backgrounds; women, men and transgender; black and white; of all ages, cultures and faiths; lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and straight; disabled and non-disabled; from nearby and further afield.
In practice, diversity means:
- – Seeing and hearing people like ourselves around – as students and staff – so that the College mirrors the diversity of society
- – Listening to different points-of-view to improve how we run the organisation
- – Valuing our differences as well as the things we have in common
We have compiled a toolkit of organisations relating to this topic as well as our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy. The College have a zero tolerance policy to bullying and harassment, so you can have confidence in being an active bystander and reporting any behaviour which you believe to be inappropriate.
Equality and Diversity toolkit
(other services also offered)
We aim to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. We provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
Email support and live chat available online.
Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through.
Whether it’s something big or small, our trained counsellors are here to support you. Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night. You can talk to us.
The Charity for Children in
care and young care leavers
Our mission is to provide help, support and advice to children in care and young care leavers so that they can take control of their lives and unleash their potential. Contained within these young people is a world of potential. Each one has dreams, hopes and unique abilities. We help them to move towards becoming the person they are meant to be – towards a life well lived.
Muslim Youth Hotline
The Muslim Youth Helpline (MYH) is an award winning registered charity which provides pioneering faith and culturally sensitive services to Muslim youth in the UK.
National Youth Advocacy Service
The National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) is a rights based charity which operates across England and Wales for children, young people and adults. NYAS offers a variety of services including:
- – A national advocacy helpline.
- – Advocacy for children in care and those in need – including children subject to child protection plans, care leavers, children and young people with disabilities.
- – The provision of independent visitors for children in care.
- – Legal representation of children in private family law.
- – Advocacy to adults in-inpatient mental health settings.
SPACE Youth Project
We support Dorset’s youth who are or may be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or anything in between. To empower all young people to have positive self-esteem and confidence, to give realisation they are supported, to give them a sense that they are part of a community and never alone, the freedom of expression and opportunity for association.
We overcome and help with integration, address issues caused or intensified by prejudice and give full access to support and public services.
& Support Service
The Helpline advises and assists individuals on issues relating to equality and human rights, across England, Scotland and Wales.
Stop Hate UK
Stop Hate UK is one of the leading national organisations working to challenge all forms of Hate Crime and discrimination, based on any aspect of an individual’s identity. Stop Hate UK provides independent, confidential and accessible reporting and support for victims, witnesses and third parties.
Join Our Social Media Now