The Student Support team provide help and advice on almost anything. We are here to help you with problems both inside and outside of College. Ours is a confidential, non-judgemental service. You can make an appointment by either dropping in, or telephoning on the above numbers or texting us.
You can find Student Support in ‘The Link’ (next to the cafeteria) at North Road or in ‘The Link’ (in Reception) at Lansdowne. We also offer drop-ins and appointments at other sites. Please call us or see posters for details.
We have a team of counsellors and welfare officers here at the College to help you. Whether you are full-time, part-time or a distance learner we are ready to listen and help, whatever the problem, big or small.
You can either pop in to book an appointment, call or text us, or use the confidential email service (email@example.com).
We will listen carefully to you, work with you to understand yourself and your situation more fully and respect and value your thoughts, feelings and experiences. Counselling is confidential – occasionally there is an exception to this – BUT you will always know and be part of anything being passed on.
In addition a lot of organisations offer confidential help outside of The College. A directory of helpful agencies is contained within the Student handbook.
|PHONE||Bournemouth 205896, Poole 205660|
|TXT ‘HELP’ to 07950 081388|
- Recognises that young people have a fundamental right to be protected from harm, exploitation and discrimination, and that students cannot learn effectively unless they feel safe;
- Will provide an environment which promotes equality, self-confidence, a feeling of worth, and the knowledge that students’ concerns are listened to and acted upon;
- Is committed to ensuring that best practice is adopted when working with all young people, offering them support and protection, and accepts that it has a legal and moral responsibility to implement procedures to fulfil its duty of care, to safeguard their wellbeing and to protect them from abuse;
- Will ensure that all staff understand the importance of working in partnership with students, their families/carers and others in order to promote and safeguard the welfare of young people;
- Will follow the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) inter-agency procedures and legislative and statutory guidance.
STUDENT ADVICE CENTRES (SAC)
You can book appointments here for any support in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Time Management Skills
- Revision Techniques
If the area you need help with is not listed here please contact us and tell us what support you need. We’ll be happy to help. We can also advise and direct you to appropriate materials or resources which can assist you in your studies. Please contact us to book an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
|PHONE||Bournemouth 205359, Poole 205956|
|OPENING TIMES||Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm|
ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
- Do you need help choosing your next course?
- Not sure your course is the right one for you?
- Not sure about your career path and what to do next?
- Need help applying to University?
The professionally qualified advice and guidance team are here to help you. We offer:
- One to one career information, advice and guidance appointments to help you decide on your next steps
- Guidance over the phone and via email
- Drop in advice and guidance sessions
- Links to other support services, courses or training providers.
The services we provide are impartial and confidential. If you would like to book an appointment or want any information or advice, contact the team using the details below, or by:
- Coming to the Link at North Road, (Poole) or Lansdowne, (Bournemouth)
- Take a look at Career Path or Career Planning on Moodle, where you will find career resources to help you manage your career.
- Ask about the Shadowing Scheme
|PHONE||01202 205896 (Bournemouth)|
|01202 205312 (Poole)|
Prevent is part of the Government counter-terrorism strategy. It’s designed to tackle the problem of terrorism at its roots, preventing individuals who are at risk of radicalisation from supporting or becoming terrorists themselves.
If you are concerned that you or someone you know is at risk of radicalisation, please contact the College Safeguarding team on the numbers below: